The Good Blokes Society (“The GBS”) is a gated membership community with the following objectives:
- To promote and offer the members a wide range of social benefits and services such as, but not limited to, various ticketed functions and events, connection through social media applications such as WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- To promote the GBS as a social and friendly organisation providing value for money to all those eligible for membership, encouraging them to participate in activities.
- To co-operate with and potentially support fiscally or in kind any other organisation, having objectives similar to those of the GBS, and formed for the purpose of fostering and promoting activities or programs similar to the GBS.
- To raise, collect, hold and expend monies for the furtherance of any of the GBS objectives.
- To promote positive connection between men on a Business and Social level with a strong focus on men’s health.
All members of the Good Blokes Society shall be bound by this Code of Conduct.
Members have a right to:
- Be treated fairly, equally and with respect by the GBS, its management and other members.
- Socialise in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination.
- Privacy and confidentiality concerning records, documentation and any other communication containing a member’s personal information, unless consent is otherwise provided, in order to foster connection between members we do make accessible details of all members within the GBS Website and other applications that is only accessible to members, your registration as a member implies acceptance of this information being shared.
- Be informed and actively involved in all events and offerings.
- Voice their opinions, requirements and suggestions to the management of GBS in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Treat other members, guests, staff of venues and other patrons (where a function is being held) fairly, equally and with respect and courtesy.
- Behave responsibly and ensure they conduct themselves in a manner which will not injure the reputation of the GBS, its events, organisers, participants or sponsors.
- Not physically or verbally harass others.
- Report any inappropriate behaviour of a member to the Management of GBS for action and follow up.
- Abide by the GBS Code of Conduct and uphold the Code of Conduct of the Association.
- Pay any fees in relation to an event, or offering (e.g. tickets or memberships) which that member has committed to, regardless of whether the member attends the event or not unless prior arrangement has been agreed upon with GBS Management.
- Notify the GBS Membership Officer of any changes to address or contact details.
- Promote goodwill and positive connection with other members, sponsors and event hosts.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct:
- Any member not behaving in accordance with the terms of the Code of Conduct at an event of the GBS may be asked to leave the function and will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
- Any member not behaving in accordance with the terms of the Code of Conduct within the GBS social applications may be deleted from all GBS related social media applications.
- The inappropriate behaviour of any members will be investigated fairly, discussed and an appropriate course of action will be taken by the GBS Management, which may be subject to a reprimand, suspension or revocation of membership.